Guests to Foxtown District Advised to Arrive Early for One of the Busiest Sports & Entertainment Weekends of the Year
Patrons to Prepare for Increased Traffic Congestion on Roads and in Parking Facilities
Olympia Entertainment is advising guests to the Foxtown area this weekend to be prepared for high traffic volumes due to a number of events occurring in the district, including:
Saturday, October 27
· Bill Maher show at Fox Theatre - 8 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.)
· Evil Dead the Musical at City Theatre - 8 p.m. (doors open at 7:30 p.m.; Hockeytown Café is open for early arrivals)
· World Series Game 3 at Comerica Park - 8:07 p.m. (gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
Sunday, October 28
· Lions vs. Seahawks game at Ford Field - 1 p.m. (gates open at 11 a.m.)
· World Series Game 4 at Comerica Park - 8:07 p.m. (gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
Due to tens of thousands of guests entering and exiting the Foxtown District during the same time frames, traffic volumes will be heavy and local parking availability will be limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
Specific information for events is as follows:
BILL MAHER & EVIL DEAD: THE MUSICAL - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27
· The Fox Garage, Lot A, Lot C, Lot T and Nexus Lot will be held for guests attending these events; however, space is LIMITED and available on a first come, first served basis.
· Present your event tickets for access to the lots listed above, while availability lasts.
· Arrive early due to the limited number of parking spaces and due to increased traffic volumes on local highways and surface roads.
· There are no in and out privileges at Olympia Development lots.
· Patrons with prepaid parking passes (currently sold out) are encouraged to park in the Fox Garage.
· Olympia Development lots accept cash only in small denominations; $100 bills cannot be accepted.
· Due to renovations on the Fox Garage, the entrance to the deck is located on the I-75 service drive (Exit on Montcalm). Also, elevator access is restricted to floors 5-8.
· View map of parking lots here.
DETROIT LIONS GAME AT 1 P.M. & WORLD SERIES GAME 4 AT 8:07 P.M.
· Traffic volumes are expected to be heaviest from 4- 6 p.m. due to guests leaving Ford Field and guests simultaneously arriving for World Series Game 4.
· Parking in lots immediately surrounding both stadiums will be limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
· Detroit Lions patrons are kindly asked to vacate Olympia Development lots immediately following the football game to accommodate Tigers ticket holders and to ensure a positive experience for all Detroit sports fans.
· Guests for both games are encouraged to consider alternative forms of transportation and parking, such as car-pooling with friends and family and taking shuttles from local restaurants and bars.